The Old Farmhouse
The Old Farmhouse is full of character with exposed beams. Traditionally furnished with log burning stove, providing a cosy base. The cottage occupies a superb rural position and benefits from fantastic views over the Derwent Valley and surrounding countryside, bordered by woods and Beeley Moor close by.
Set in the Derbyshire Dales on the edge of the Peak District National Park, it is ideally situated for exploring the Peak District on foot, cycling or by car. Surrounded by public footpaths in an area of outstanding beauty, Bakewell is 8 miles away, Chatsworth 6 miles and Matlock 3 1/2 miles all with points of interest.
– Sleeps 4-5 – View access statement
- Lounge: Sofa bed and chairs, log burning stove, colour television, video and DVD/CD player.
- Kitchen/Diner: Table and chairs, oak beams, electric cooker and hob, washing machine, refrigerator and microwave.
- Shower Room: Wash basin and toilet.
- Drying room : Tumble dryer and table top freezer.
- Entrance hall: For storage of bikes etc.
- Bedroom 1: One double bed with cot or Z-bed if required.
- Bedroom 2: Two single beds.
- Wash room: Wash basin and toilet.
- The farm cottage is double glazed with oil fired central heating, log burning stove and fitted carpets throughout.
- Linen: Each of the beds are fitted with quilts and pillows. All bed linen is included plus towels and tea towels.
- Electricity: Is included in the tariff.
- Cot and high chair: Provided on request.
- Outside: A small walled garden to the front and to the back a lawned area, patio table & chairs and portable barbecue are provided + new childrens play area with climbing frame. Washing line and pegs provided.
- Parking: For two cars directly outside the cottage.
- Shops and pubs in the village of Two Dales and Darley Dale 1 1/2 miles away.
- Railway station at Matlock 3 1/2 miles. Guests can be met by appointment.
- This is a non-smoking cottage.
- Welcome pack: tea, coffee, milk and flowers. Extras can be provided by prior arrangement.
- Information pack: In the cottage is a folder full of useful information, attractions, walks, cycling routes and lots more.